Christmas lights, ice skating, traditional markets, Christmas shows… make it a magical festive season and discover all the magical things happening in London this Christmas!
There is no need to visit the English capital during the Christmas period to admire it in its maximum splendor: the Christmas decorations begin to be posted as early as the beginning of November, to be at their peak in mid-November, where you can admire them until the early days of January.
Departure from November 15th to January 06th
Explore London Christmas markets:
- Find unusual crafts and tuck into seasonal treats with Pexmas Market at Copeland Gallery.
- Browse cosy stalls, munch on bratwurst and see a festive show at Christmas in Leicester Square.
- Explore antiques and jewellery under pretty lights at Greenwich Market.
- Winter at Southbank brings a market, firepits, rides and bags of Christmas spirit to the riverside!
- Or sleigh over to Christmas By The River at London Bridge City.
- Amble around Kingston‘s Christmas market, overflowing with foodie treats, lovely decorations and handmade crafts.
Experience magical Christmas attractions:
- See the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London decked out for Christmas with Hogwarts in the Snow.
- Spend a whole day frolicking around Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, where all the magical Christmas activities come together.
- Marvel at the magnificent Christmas decorations as Windsor Castle is given a festive makeover fit for a queen.
- Take an enchanting journey into a glittering wonderland with Christmas at Kew at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew.
- A trip to the capital at Christmas wouldn’t be complete without seeing the top 10 attractions in London. ( London Eye, Hop on hop off bus tour, Tower of London, Shrek’s Adventure, Sea life London, Emirates Air Line cable car, Kew Gardens, Warner Bros studio tour, the view from the Shard, Madame Tussauds)
Best Christmas tours
- Discover the best festive decorations on a magical open-top bus tour on Christmas Eve.
- Or enjoy a similar Christmas Day tour or Boxing Day tour with your camera in hand.
- Head out after dark and climb aboard a London by Night bus tour to see the lights.
- Hop on board a bus tour specially aimed at kids to help them discover stories of London at Christmas.
- Sip delicious winter warmers while enjoying stunning views of London on the Winter Bar Bus.
- Go at your own pace and see the sights with your own expert guide on a London Sightseeing Tour.
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of the City of London’s key sights and festively decorated streets on the City Visitor Trail.
See a London Christmas show
- Celebrate musical theatre and the festive season with the limited run of West End Musical Christmas – Live At The Palace.
- Watch Love Actually in Concert with a live orchestra at Eventim Apollo.
- Enjoy an enchanting ballet performance of Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker at the London Coliseum.
- …Or see a reworked version of the same Christmas classic streamed to cinemas, with the Royal Opera House’s 2016 version of The Nutcracker.
- Enjoy Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s much-loved Stick Man live at Rose Theatre Kingston.
- The London Palladium was going panto crazy again last year, as Julian Clary lead a star cast in laugh-a-minute Pantoland at The Palladium.
- Enjoy a side-splitting tour through seven pantomime classics in just 70 minutes with Potted Panto.
- Experience the magic of the festive season with shows spanning Handel’s Messiah, big bands and carols during Christmas at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Join a pantomime based on the former Lord Mayor of London, as Dick Whittington comes to the Olivier Theatre at National Theatre.
Christmas shopping in London
Harrods, A trip to one of London’s top department stores can be far more worthwhile than your average trawl of the highstreet. Many spoil their customers with extras such as Christmas grottos to keep the kids entertained, fantastically creative window displays to get you inspired and festive refreshments to keep spirits high. Suddenly, present-buying doesn’t seem such a chore.
- Visit the West End‘s famous shopping streets, including flagship-lined Oxford Street, upscale Bond Street and elegant Regent Street.
- Look out for gourmet Christmas treats and hampers at Fortnum & Mason in St James’s.
- Check out the spectacular window displays at Selfridges, go inside to explore its dedicated Christmas shop and tick off the majority of your shopping list!
- Head to Covent Garden for a diverse mix of designer labels, vintage stores and high-street brands – and enjoy the daily snowfall on the Piazza throughout December.
- Check out Carnaby’s independent shops and cool fashion boutiques.
- Be dazzled by baubles in one of London’s famous department stores’ dedicated Christmas shops, including Harrods and Liberty.
- Treat kids to a visit to one of London’s best toyshops.
- Explore the eclectic range of boutiques and designer labels on King’s Road in Chelsea.
- Get all your Christmas shopping done after dark at these late-night shopping spots.
- 10.Find last-minute Christmas presents at Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City.
- 11.Bag bargains galore in the January sales that begin on Boxing Day.
Find Christmas activities for the family in London
- Take in the Christmas cheer during the Christmas Fair Weekend at Fulham Palace House and Garden.
- Meet Santa, grab a perfect shot in the life-sized version of a wintry poster and bask in festive family activities during Winter at London Transport Museum.
- Pop in to the Museum of London Docklands or Museum of London and travel back in time to Victorian London for festive Family Missions.
- Enjoy The Magic of Christmas at ZSL London Zoo with a festive trail, Santa-spotting and animal-themed fun.
- Round up the troops and embark on a day trip to Windsor Castle.
- Attend an advent, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day church service at venues across London, including St Paul’s Cathedral and Westminster Abbey.
- Get a glimpse of how Christmas was celebrated in Victorian times at the Charles Dickens Museum.
- Roll up your sleeves for a virtual wreath making workshop with Botanical Boys or Gingerbread House Decorating at Wizard Exploratorium.
Be dazzled by Christmas lights in London
- Marvel at more than 300,000 Christmas lights above Regent Street, alongside glowing spirits.
- See the beautiful Oxford Street Christmas lights shimmer above the world-famous shopping district.
- Check out the lights twinkling across Carnaby Street, which is filled with inspiring and Insta-worthy illuminations every year.
- Admire the gorgeous mistletoe chandeliers at Covent Garden and explore the magical Christmas lights in nearby Seven Dials.
- See the luxurious area of Bond Street sparkle with magnificent Christmas lights.
- Grab a selfie under the arches along South Molton Street, some of London’s most unique Christmas lights.
- Head over to Chelsea to see Duke of York Square gloriously dressed in festive lights.
- Stroll along the South Bank and be dazzled by the seasonal twinkle.
- Look out for London’s magnificent Christmas trees decked in lights, including the world-famous tree in Trafalgar Square.
Feast on festive food and drink
- Stuff your face with indulgent treats aboard an evening tour of London with a selection of desserts and wine.
- Watch Christmas cooking demonstrations, pick up festive treats and more at Hampton Court Palace’s Festive Fayre.
- Dine on a spectacular four-course dinner and then take to the dance floor at the Festive Live event at The Ritz London.
- Enjoy a festive cocktail at one of London’s best drinking spots or snuggle up in front of a crackling fire in a cosy pub.
- Treat yourself to a jolly Christmas-themed afternoon tea.
- Check out the food stalls full of bratwurst, hot toddies and more seasonal fare at London’s top Christmas markets.
- Share a fondue with friends at a one of London’s top cheese spots.
- Soak up the seasonal cheer at one of London’s pop-up winter rooftop bars.
- Find seasonal produce such as gingerbread and hot mulled cider at Borough Market.
- 10.Make a Christmas toast at one of London’s champagne bars.
Best Christmas trees in London
- Head to Windsor Castle, the location of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding, to see its traditional Nordmann Fir tree as the royal residence is transformed for Christmas.
- See one of the largest Christmas trees in London shine beautifully above the cobbled streets of the 19th-century Covent Garden piazza.
- Find quirky Christmas trees at King’s Cross, from Coal Drops Yard‘s botany-themed tree to a futuristic creation at Granary Square.
- Fill your Instagram with snaps of one of the quirkiest Christmas trees London has to offer, at St Pancras International station.
- Discover Liberty London‘s annual tree installation floating above the central atrium or visit the luxurious Mayfair hotel Claridge’s London Christmas tree, which is created by a different designer each year.
Contact Us at 800-621-2259 or email@example.com to organize your Christmas getaway in London!