7 Days / 6 Nights
- Zermatt, located at the foot of the magical Matterhorn
- Chocolate and cheese factories: enchanting nature and tasty experiences
- Get to know the beautiful Ticino, the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland
Day 1: Zurich – Gruyeres – Montreux: Travel from Zurich to Montreux. On the way stop to visit a local cheese maker in Gruyeres where you learn more about the cheese production. Then visit the Cailler Chocolate Factory with a chocolate tasting. Arrival in Montreux, which is a lovely city located on the shores of Lake Geneva.
Day 2: Montreux – Lausanne – Montreux: In the morning take the railway up to Rochers-de-Naye (2.000 m). A singular panoramic view awaits: over the Swiss and French Alps from Eiger to Mont-Blanc and further to Lake Geneva. Later continue to visit the wonderful Chillon Castle whose photos are present in almost each of Switzerland’s calendars. Next go to Lausanne. Lausanne is a picturesque city located on the shores of Lake Geneva surrounded by vineyards. Panoramic city tour and return to Montreux.
Day 3: Montreux – Zermatt: Travel to Zermatt. On our way we pass through the wine area of Sion. Then continue through the valley of the Rodano river to Täsch. Here you board a train to Zermatt, which is located at the foot of the impressive Mount Cervin.
Day 4: Zermatt: Free day to take an optional tour to the“Matterhorn Glacier Paradise”, board the cable car to the top of the 3.883 meter “little” Matterhorn to enjoy a breathtaking view of Mount Cervin which is located just on the opposite side. A visit to the highest ice palace of the world is going to make this tour an extraordinary experience.
Day 5: Zermatt – Lugano: After breakfast return to Täsch by train. Today the route takes you over the Nufenenpass to later arrive in Lugano, which is located in Ticino, the italian speaking part of Switzerland. On a walking city tour you can discover this beautiful city and its historic center. Relax at the Mediterranean squares or take a stroll along the boardwalk on the shores of Lake Lugano.
Day 6: Lugano – Verzasca Valley – Ascona – Lugano: Tour to the impressive Verzasca Valley, located in the mountains above Lugano. It highlights the dam of Verzasca and the picturesque bridge of “Ponte de Salti” that crosses the magical jade green waters of the river. Continue to Ascona. Stroll through the narrow streets with its old houses, boutiques, restaurants and art galleries. In the afternoon return to Lugano.
Day 7: Lugano – Bellinzona – Giornico – Zurich: After breakfast travel to Bellinzona, the Ticino’s capital. This historic city is well known for its impressive medievals castles that are part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- Accommodation in the hotel category of choice
- Daily breakfast & city tax
- Transportation by car or minivan during the entire tour
- English speaking driver-guide during the entire tour
- Visits and excursions as mentioned
- Train ticket cog-railway Montreux – Rochers-de Naye – Montreux
- Admission to Chillon Castle and to Castelgrande Castle (Bellinzona)
- Visit to a local cheese maker in Gruyeres and the Chocolate factory
- Train ticket Täsch-Zermatt-Täsch in 2nd class
NOTE: TOUR CAN BE DONE IN THE SELF DRIVE VERSION
Contact Us at 800-621-2259 or email@example.com to book today!
*Package descriptions and pricing are subject to change without notice.