5 Days / 4 Nights
Travel period: June 15th to August 31st, 2021. Departure dates on request.
- Travel with the famous Chocolate Panoramic Train
- A delight for your palates: visits to a cheese and a chocolate factory
- Enjoy a fantastic cheese fondue at a traditional restaurant
Day 1: Zurich – Geneva: Transfer from your hotel or Zurich airport to the train station and travel to Geneva. Upon arrival in Geneva, private transfer to your hotel.
Day 2: Geneva – Montreux: After breakfast enjoy a city tour on foot through downtown Geneva. This 2-hour tour will take you to visit the international neighborhoods of Geneva and the main tourist attractions of the city, such as the beautiful fountain of Lake Geneva (Jet d‘Eau) and the wonderful Flower Clock. After the tour you will try a cheese fondue in a typical swiss restaurant, accompanied by a glass of wine, water or a carbonated drink. In the afternoon transfer from your hotel to the central station and travel along the impressive Lake Léman to Montreux. Montreux, known worldwide for its Jazz music festival, is located on the shores of Lake Léman.
Day 3: Montreux – Chocolate Train to Gruyére – Montreux: The chocolate train takes you first from Montreux to Montbovon. Afterwards you continue by bus to the cheese factory “La Maison du Gruyère”, where you will learn all about the production of the famous Gruyères cheese. Afterwards you will visit the medieval city of Gruyères with its well-preserved castle. Then it continues to the legendary “Maison Cailler” in Broc. There you will be introduced to the secrets of chocolate making and take part of a chocolate tasting. Return to Montreux.
Day 4: Montreux – Interlaken -Lucerne – Golden Pass Line: After breakfast you will leave behind the Swiss Riviera and ride aboard the Gold Pass Train through the alpine world of the Bernese Oberland. Via Zweisimmen and Interlaken you will reach Lucerne. The trip offers spectacular views of the Swiss landscape with numerous lakes and mountains. With the Rigi and Pilatus mountains and the Alps as a backdrop, Lucerne is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Switzerland.
Day 5: Lucerne – Chocolatier Aeschbach – Zurich: In the morning, visit the „World of Chocolate“ in the village of Root with a local guide. The „World of Chocolate“ is only 10 minutes away from Lucerne by train. In the course of approx. 1.5 hours you will learn everything about the subject of chocolate and in the end you can prepare your own chocolate bar. Then travel by train to Zurich, where your trip ends. The trip can also be started and / or finished at the Geneva airport.
This program includes:
- Accommodation in the hotel category of choice
- Daily breakfast
- Train ticket Zurich – Geneva – Montreux
- Lucerne – Zurich in 2nd Class
- Ticket and seat reservation in the Chocolate Train: Montreux – Montbovon, Bus Montbovon – Gruyères – Broc and Broc – Montreux
- Entrance to the cheese and chocolate factories
- Transfer In Zurich on day 1
- Transfer In and Out to/from Geneva
- Walking City Tour in Geneva with a local guide, 2 hours
- A cheese fondue accompanied by a glass of wine, water or a carbonated drink in a typical Swiss restaurant in Gevena
- A 3 hour visit to the “World of Chocolate” in Aeschbach with local guide, incl. entrance.
The Chocolate train does not operate every day. Contact us for more information!
Does not include city taxes in hotels (to be paid on site)
Contact Us at 800-621-2259 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book today!
*Package descriptions and pricing are subject to change without notice.