5 Days / 4 Nights
*Possibility to extend the stay
SELF DRIVE PACKAGE
Villa San Paolo Spa Resort: Located just 2.5 miles from San Gimignano with a large spa with heated indoor swimming pool and gym. Villa San Paolo is set just outside San Gimignano, overlooking the city’s medieval towers. This 4-star property is surrounded by olive groves in the picture-perfect Tuscan countryside, providing the needed peace and tranquility to its guests. The location is also perfect for the active exploration of the surrounding area with its many medieval towns, castles and vineyards.
DAY 1 : San Himignano: Pick up your car rental at Rome or Florence Airport and drive to San Gimignano. Arrive in your nice Villa Spa and relax at Villa . Free afternoon San Gimignano is world famous for its towers built during the XIII century. The most important buildings and monuments are Porta S. Giovanni, with the nearby Museo di Arti e Mestieri, the Arco dei Becci, piazza Duomo, the heart of town with the Collegiata church (that houses famous frescoes by Taddeo di Bartolo and Benozzo Gozzoli), the Palazzo del Popolo, with the Museo Civico and the Palazzo del Podestà. Overnight
DAY 2: Truffle Hunting: Breakfast at Villa. Today you will enjoy a Truffle Hunting experience in a local farm in San Gimignano. Add to your wish list this fantastic adventure and sign up for a day of excitement, participating in a truffle hunt alongside beautiful hunting dogs. Accompanied by a professional guide with his trained dogs, for 4 hours you can share a wonderful experience in searching for truffle throughout the oak forests that border the farm. In this private truffle land within Tenuta you will discover precious white and black truffles. You will be taught how to identify the various species of trees and the ideal habitat for truffle growth.
The Experience includes:
- A lesson on how to recognize and search for truffles with an english speaking translator
- 1 hour of truffle hunting with professional guide that will teach you the technical informations about truffle. You will learn why they are fondamentals in the slow-food movements and how to use and keep them.
- Lunch with local products (Appetizers: Tuscan salami and cheeses, Bruschetta and snack – First Course: Truffle lasagna with meat sauce – Second Course: Roast meat with potatoes and vegetables Dessert: Cantuccini with dessert wines). Return at hotel and overnight .
Tour and Tasting of wines including our library reserve vintages
- Brunello di Montalcino D.O.C.G.
- Rosso di Montalcino D.O.C.
- Cabernet Bartolomeo Riserva I.G.T.
- Merlot Baldassarre Riserva I.G.T.
- Syrah Cavaliere Riserva I.G.T.
- Vernaccia of San Gimignano D.O.C.G.
- Chianti D.O.C.G.
- Chianti Classico D.O.C.G
- Chianti Classico Riserva D.O.C.G.
- Red of Montepulciano D.O.C.
- VinBeato – Dessert Wine
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cold Pressing
- White Truffle flavored Olive Oil
- Hot Pepper flavored Olive Oil
DAY 3: Wine Tasting at Fattoria Castello Di Verrazzano: “Classic Wine Tour”: Breakfast at Villa. Guided visit to the Castle’s gardens and historical ageing cellars followed by a guided tasting of a selection of our best wines: “Verrazzano rosso” red Tuscan IGT or Bianco or Rosé; Chianti Classico DOCG; Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva. Tasting of extra virgin olive oil with. Tuscan breadTasting of pecorino with “Balsamico Verrazzano”. Return at Villa and overnight
DAY 4: San Gimignano Spa Experience: Breakfast 3 hours at Irispa SPA which includes a Outdoor/indoor hydropool at 34 C, sauna, Tuscan Aromarium, Turkish bath, hot and cold waterfalls, kneipp basin and showers, ice fountain, aromatic dews, summer thunderstorms, fitness room, organic juices and herbal tea louge, indoor and outdoor relax areas, bathrobe, towel and slippers. Free afternoon. overnight
Day 5: End of service. Breakfast at Villa.
- 4 Nights at Villa SanPaolo resort and spa – san Gimignano
- Breakfast daily
- Truffle hunting experience with lunch
- Wine tasting in Chianti
- 1 Spa entrance at Villa San Paolo (3 Hours)
Rates Do Not Include
- Everything which is not clearly specified under “rate includes”
- Optional Excursions
- Tips and personal expenses
- City stay
*Package descriptions and pricing are subject to change without notice.