- Comfortable transfer from Florence to Rome city center by a private DE-LUXE chauffeured vehicle with a private English speaking driver
- Stop in Perugia with its beautiful historical and medieval testimonies
- Stop in Assisi, a small town of immense beauty and spiritual significance
After your pick up in Florence, you will first reach Perugia, the marvelous top-hill city surrounded by ancient Etruscan walls, famous for its beautiful historic center but also for its savory chocolate.
You will discover the ancient city of Perugia, one of the popular Italian towns of art with its variety and quality of historical and medieval testimonies. It has an Etruscan origin, preserved in the travertine walls and in the well located in the village center, including the Etruscan Arch monumental city gate and Porta Marzia, ancient Etruscan gate, leading to the city from the south side. Admire the beautiful square in which you can find real architectural jewels like the superb Palazzo dei Priori (1293-1443). the main civic building, a nice and imposing Palace, with its pink gothic style windows and ornate portal, the splendid Cathedral (1345), and one of the masterpieces of sculpture with an invaluable artistic value (13th century), the elegant Fontana Maggiore (1275). This Fountain, a true symbol of the city, was created at the end of the 13th century to provide a water output to the medieval aqueduct. Finally you will be impressed by the Rocca Paolina, a fortress built up at the command of Pope Paul III; it covers an attractive underground itinerary through a distinctive medieval district, where the noble mansions of Perugia’s lords once were.
Then enjoy the drive to Assisi, a small town of immense beauty and spiritual significance, where the patron saint of Italy, Saint Francis of Assisi (1181- 1226) lived, worked and died. On a lowland at the foot of Mount Subasio, the hill on which Assisi rises you can visit the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, built around as a protection of the famous little church of the “Porziuncola”, where Saint Francis acknowledged his vocation and founded the Order of the Minor Friars. In this place, even Santa Chiara began her monastic life. Here you can also see the “rosebush without thorns”, which continues to grow only in this magic place and that, according to a legend, originated from the contact of the Saint with a thorny bush. Breathe the special atmosphere of serenity and joy that this city emanates and you will understand why the delegates of the main religions in the world have chosen it as symbol of Peace.
You will have the chance to admire its remarkable beauties, such as the Piazza del Comune, the Rocca Maggiore and the famous Basilica of St Francis with frescoes and paintings by Pietro Lorenzetti, Simone Martini and Giotto.
After this visit, you will comfortably proceed with your transfer to your final destination in Rome
- Pick Up at the hotel in Florence if centrally located
- Drop Off at the hotel in Rome if centrally located
- Pivate Transport by deluxe air-conditioned vehicle with WIFI on board
- English speaking driver
- 2 hours stop in Perugia
- 2 hours stop in Assisi
- We suggest to wear comfortable shoes
- The driver is not a licensed guide, they can provide general introductory information during the car trip. They are not allowed to lead a guided visit inside city center, museums or churches.
- Guide in the sites on request
Contact Us at 800-621-2259 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book today!
*Package descriptions and pricing are subject to change without notice