4 Days / 3 Nights
Small Group Tour
From June 10th to August 3rd
DAY 1: Arrival in Marseille: Picked up at Marseille airport or train station & transfer to Aixen-Provence. Settle in at your hotel in Aix-en-Provence.
DAY 2: Full day tour – Cassis & Marseille: Breakfast at your hotel. Picked up at your tourist office and transfer to Cassis. Upon your arrival in Cassis, make you first stop to discover Cape Canaille, the highest maritime cliff in France and enjoy the panoramic view on the bay. Spend some time at leisure in the charming fishermen port. Join a cruise to discover the calanques, limestone cliffs diving in the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean sea and creating natural coves. Transfer to Marseille and the old port. Take a look at Notre Dame de la Garde basilica and enjoy a panoramic view on the Phocean city. Discover the abbey Saint Victor and the crypt which houses 4th century marble sarcophagus. Time at leisure to walk around the most ancient village of Marseille, the “Panier”. Explore narrow streets filled with history. Free time to discover the new museum of Marseille, the Mucem, the Villa Mediterrannée and reach the Fort Saint John and the cathedral La Major (except on Tuesdays). Back to Aix-en-Provence. Overnight at your hotel.
DAY 3: Full Day Tour – Lavender Fields: Breakfast at your hotel. Pick up at your hotel by your driver-guide.
- Package 1: Full Day Tour – Valensole, Moustiers, Verdon & Occitane: June 10th – July 19th: Depart for the Plateau of Valensole and its river of lavender fields. Stop among lavender and sunflower fields. Time at leisure in the lavender fields. Stop at a lavender farm for lavender and lavandin products. Enjoy a time in a charming small provencal market to taste local specialties. Walk through lavender fields to reach the hilltop medieval village of Moustiers Sainte Marie famous for its ceramic’s work. Free time at leisure for lunch. Transfer to the lac of Sainte Croix du Verdon and enjoy several photo stop on the way to enjoy panoramic views on the Verdon Canyon and lake. The last visit takes place in the famous Occitane museum to learn everything about essential oils and natural cosmetics making process. Back to Aix-en-Provence. Overnight at your hotel.
- Package 2: Full Day Tour – Sault & Luberon: July 20th – August 3rd: Depart for you first visit at the village of Lourmarin, charming provençal village, source of inspiration of Peter Mayle for “A year in Provence”. The village with its famous Renaissance castle is set in the midst of olive and almond groves. As you enter Lourmarin, your muscles ease and your mind starts wandering. The plane trees make an arch over the avenue as you walk to the heart of the village. Shaded streets and fountains are welcome when the heat reaches its peak during summer time. Life is peaceful in the narrow Provençal streets. People take the time to live, to talk and to relax. Nested in vineyards and olive trees fields, Lourmarin is named one of the most beautiful villages in France, and is certainly a must see during your visit in the Luberon area. It is a village of artists. As you stroll in the tiny paved streets, among ancient houses, you will notice the many artists’ boutiques. Lourmarin is a haven for painters, sculptors, fashion designers and writers. No wonder it attracted novelist Henri Bosco and Nobel prize writer and philosopher Albert Camus. Then, you will reach Roussillon, classified as one of the most beautiful village of France. Free time to explore the village and the Ochre pathduring a 30mn walk. Lunch at leisure in Roussillon, a village perched atop an ochre rock formation called the “Provencal Colorado”. Your tour continue along the lavender road and admire typical provençal landscapes and lavender fields before to reach Sault, capital of lavender and its huge lavender fields. Free time at leisure in the fields and the village. On the way back you will enjoy many photo stop in lavender and sunflower fields (during blossom season). Back to Aix-en-Provence. Overnight at your hotel.
DAY 4: Departure: Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. End of our services.
- Private transfers on day 1 & 4
- Transport in air-conditioned minivan with the services of a qualified English-speaking driver-guide according to the above program
- Day 2: Full Shared Tour: Cassis & Marseille
- Day 3 : Full Day Shared Tour: Valensole, Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, Verdon (This tour is valid: From Monday to Sunday) – All tours are scheduled from 10/06/20 to 03/08/20
- 3 nights accommodation B&B in 3-star Hotel des Augustins in Aix-en-Provence
Contact Us at 800-621-2259 or email@example.com to book today!
*Package descriptions and pricing are subject to change without notice.