9 Days / 8 Nights
DAY 1: Toulouse, Carcassonne: Arrivae in Toulouse and be welcomed by your driver-guide. Transfer to Carcassonne. Guided tour of the mediaeval citadel of Carcassonne. Settle in your 4-star Hotel, Les 3 couronnes, in Carcassonne where you will be accommodated for 2 nights. Dinner & overnight at your hotel
DAY 2: Vineyards: Pick up at your hotel by your driver-guide for a short drive to Chateau Auzias (or similar) in Pennautier. Enjoy a guided visit of the vineyard, followed by a wine tasting in the chateau’s cellars. Lunch at leisure and drive to the fortified medieval village. You’ll enjoy a visit and a wine tasting in the wine cellars of Ostal Cazes (or similar) in La Liviniere. Return to Carcassonne. Dinner in a traditional restaurant. Overnight at your hotel in Carcassonne.
DAY 3: Montauban, Cahors & Sarlat: You will be picked up at your hotel by your driver-guide and depart for Montauban, France’s oldest “bastide” or fortified town. Then it’s a guided tour of Cahors, with its Roman monuments, medieval quarter and famous 14th century fortified PontValentre bridge. This afternoon features a visit and wine tasting at Chateau Lagrezette (or similar) in the Cahors vineyards. Drive to Sarlat, Settle in your 3-star Hotel Le Renoir (or) 4-star Hotel de Selves in Sarlat where you will be accommodated for 2 nights. Dinner in a traditional restaurant. Overnight at your hotel in Sarlat.
DAY 4: Lascaux IV & Sarlat: You will be picked up at your hotel by your driver-guide and depart for a tour of Sarlat, the exceptionally well-preserved medieval city and capital of the Perigord Noir region. Then it’s back in time to Lascaux IV, for an immersive experience of Europe’s most stunning prehistoric cave paintings, followed by a visit to the stunning Musee National de Prehistoire at Les Eyzies-deTayat. Dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight at your hotel in Sarlat.
DAY 5: St-Emilion, Bordeax: Departure for Saint-Emilion. Enjoy a walking tour of the medieval city of Saint-Emilion, one of the centres of Bordeaux winemaking. Saint-Emilion’s other speciality is the macarons.You’II enjoy a visit at the Fermigier shop, followed by a macaron-tasting session. In the afternoon, enjoy a visit and wine tasting at Chateau de Sales (or similar), ranked Grand Cru Classe Saint-Emilion. Back to Bordeaux. Settle in your 3-star Hotel Quality Sainte Catherine (or) 4-star Hotel de Seze in Bordeaux where you will be accommodated for 4 nights. Dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight at your hotel in Bordeaux.
DAY 6: Cooking Class & Bordeaux: Pick up at your hotel by your driver guide, and drive to the one Michelin-starred restaurant Le Saint-James for a half-day hands-on cooking class under the expert guidance of Head Chef Nicolas Magie and his team. You’ll enjoy the fruits of your labour over lunch, including wine. The afternoon sees a guided tour of Bordeaux. Dinner at leisure Overnight at your hotel in Bordeaux.
DAY 7: Arcachon: Pick up at your hotel by your driver guide and depart for the Bassin D’ Arcachon, a vast bay on the Atlantic coast some 45 minutes from Bordeaux. Embark on a traditional boat for a cruise around the bay, the iconic “cabane tchanquee” stilt houses and spectacular views of the lie aux Oiseaux and the Dune du Pilat – the highest sand dune in Europe. Savour a lunch of local oysters and white wine before an afternoon at leisure, exploring the town of Arcachon. Back to Bordeaux and overnight at your hotel.
DAY 8: Medoc: Pick up at your hotel by your driver-guide and depart for the famous ‘Route des Vins’ where you’ ll discover some of the most prestigious names and chateaux – and of course, wine tasting sessions are on the programme today! From Pauillac to Margaux along the banks of the Gironde river, you’ll visit Chateau Haut-Brion (or similar) in Pessac Leognan, Chateau Pichon Longueville Baron (or similar) in Pauillac and Chateau Lascombes (or similar) in Margaux – all ranked Grand Cru Classe. Return to Bordeaux. Tonight, enjoy a gourmet dinner in a local restaurant; Overnight at your hotel in Bordeaux.
DAY 9: BORDEAUX. Pick up at your hotel and transfer to Bordeaux airport or train station.
- Private transfers & transport in air-conditionned minivan with the services of a qualified Englishspeaking driver-guide according to the above program.
- 1 night accommodation Half-Board & I night accommodation B&B in 4-star Hotel des 3 Couronnes in Carcassonne.
- 2 nights accommodation B&B in 3-star Hotel Best Western le Renoir or 4-star Hotel des Selves in Sarlat.
- 4 nights accommodation B&B in 3-star Hotel Quality Saint Catherine or 4-star Hotel de Seze in Bor-deaux.
- 6 dinners (drinks are not included): DI Les 3 Couronnes restaurant
- D2 Local restaurant in Carcassonne medieval citadel – DJ & D4 Local restaurant in Sarlat – OS & D8 Local gourmet restaurant in Bordeaux.
- Entrance & Visits according to the above program: 7x Wine tastings: Cabardes, Minervois, Cahors, Saint-Emilion & Medoc
- Lascaux IV Cave Paintings – National museum of Prehistory – Fermigier shop – Cruise – Hands on cooking lesson with lunch and drinks included (only: Wed, Fri & Sun) – Guided visit of Carcassonne, Minerve, Montauban, Cahors, Sarlat, Saint-Emilion & Bordeaux.