6 Days / 5 Nights
Travel period: Oct 19, 2020 – Apr 01, 2021
Departure dates: Daily 6 days to / from Zurich
- Swiss Travel Pass Ticket
- Free: Mount Rigi, Stanserhorn and Schilthorn/Piz Gloria (until 12/31/20)
- Journey to Europe‘s highest-altitude railway station at 3,454 metres a.s.l.
Day 1: Zurich – Interlaken (Schilthorn / Piz Gloria): Retrieve your travel documents at the SBB ticket counter at the airport and travel by train to Interlaken. Arrival in Interlaken at the foot of Mount Jungfrau. This day you can go up to Schilthorn/Piz Gloria free of charge with your Swiss Travel Pass ticket. Overnight in Interlaken.
Day 2: Interlaken – Jungfraujoch / Top of Europe – Interlaken: Take the cogwheel train to the breathtaking Jungfraujoch best known as the “Top of Europe“, the highest railway station in Europe, at 3,454 meters. Ice and snow are guaranteed throughout the year – an unforgettable experience. Return to Interlaken.
Day 3: Interlaken – Brünig Pass – Lucerne: Rail journey over the Brünig Pass with the Brünig Express to Lucerne. Overnight in Lucerne. Famous for its medieval bridge, Lucerne is one of the most beautiful cities in Switzerland. Make sure to visit the historic city center with its colorful buildings.
Day 4: Lucerne (Mount Rigi, Stanserhorn or optional Mount Titlis or Mount Pilatus): Day at leisure. This day, with you free Swiss Travel Pass ticket, enjoy Mount Rigi at 1,798 a.s.l. or to the Stanserhorn with its convertible cable car (until 31.12.20). Also as an option (not included) you can climb Mount Pilatus or Mount Titlis. Overnight in Lucerne.
Day 5: Lucerne – Gotthard Base Tunnel – Lugano: Rail journey from Lucerne to Lugano. Experience the new Gotthard Base Tunnel – 57 km of tunnel it is the longest train tunnel in the world. It takes only 17 minutes to travel this fast flat-track route under the Alpine massif in the heart of Europe. Arrive in Lugano, a beautiful city on the shores of Lake Lugano with its historical center, the pier on the lake and its Mediterranean squares. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 6: Lugano – Zurich: Take the train to Zurich. Enjoy a day at leisure. Downtown Zurich offers a range of things to do e.g. excellent shopping or just relax at the beautiful lakeside.
This program includes:
- Accommodation in the hotel category of your choice incl. daily buffet breakfast
- Train tickets in 2nd class during the entire tour as mentioned
- Train ride on the Brünig Express
- Train ticket to Jungfraujoch
- Train ride through the new Gotthard Base Tunnel
- Several free tours included until 12/31/20 (Mount Rigi, Stanserhorn and Schilthorn / Piz Gloria)
- In Interlaken, Lucerne and Lugano the hotels are located very close to the train station and therefore require no transfer service.
- Does not include city taxes in hotels (to be paid on site)
*Package descriptions and pricing are subject to change without notice