8 Days /7 Nights
Tuesday – Tuesday / Tropea – Sorrento
Departures every Tuesday From April – October 2021
Day 1: Lamezia Terme – Tropea: Arrival at Lamezia Terme. Transfer to the hotel in the Tropea area. Accommodations.
Day 2: Tropea-Reggio Calabria-Scilla-Tropea: Breakfast at the hotel. A trip to discover the beauty of Calabria from the “Coast of the Gods” to the “Costa Viola”. We will visit the Mount. St. Elia above Palmi which has a beautiful landscape and Scilla, famous for its charming Chianalea fishing district. The streets of Reggio Calabria are full of elegant buildings, there are large shops (enjoy shopping time) and the magnificent statues of Riace in the Archaeological Museum of Reggio Calabria. Another highlight is Pentedattilo, the “Ghost City” of Calabria. Back to the hotel. Accommodation.
Day 3: Tropea – Gerace – Stilo – Tropea: Breakfast at the hotel and the day is dedicated to discover Calabria. Enjoy a trip through hills, vineyards and beautiful landscapes. We will stop in Stilo, a medieval town rich in splendid monuments such as “La Cattolica”. We will visit the historic center of the city of Gerace to discover churches and palaces of rare beauty. Crossing the heart of Calabria we will pass through the Aspromonte National Park and finally we will stop near Nicotera to taste an organic wine and extra virgin olive oil. Return to the hotel accommodations.
Day 4: Tropea – Sorrento: Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the Lamezia train station. 2nd class train from Tropea to Naples. Private transfer from Naples train station to Sorrento hotel. Rest of the day at leisure for the visit to Sorrento. Accommodation
Day 5: Sorrento – Capri – Ana Capri – Sorrento: Breakfast at the hotel. Departure by regular ferry to Capri. This wonderful island has an unsurpassed natural landscape and has been the refuge of the rich and famous for years. Its streets are like a maze and are full of designer boutiques, shops, bars and restaurants. We will take a guided tour of the city of Capri and the gardens of Augustus. Free time to explore the city. This day also includes a guided tour of Ana Capri and the beautiful Villa San Michele and, if time permits, you will take the chairlift to the highest point of the island. Return to the port and then by ferry to Sorrento. Hotel accommodations.
Day 6: Sorrento – Amalfi Coast – Sorrento: Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Sorrento by coach via the coastal road “One of the most picturesque coastal roads in Europe”. The landscape is magnificent, overlooking the Mediterranean. The road twists and turns towards “Positano” (approximately 20 minutes from Sorrento). The city of Positano extends over different levels from the main road to the sea level. “The bus stops a few minutes at the top of the road (without reaching Positano) so that guests can enjoy the view and take Photos. This spectacular trip continues with fabulous views to Amalfi (approximately 1 hour). We will arrive in Amalfi around 10 depending on traffic. Guests will have 2 hours of free time in, where they can visit the magnificent cathedral of the ninth century that proudly dominates the main square of Amalfi and stroll through the narrow streets of the city, around the many shops or enjoy of a coffee in one of the Amalfi cafés. Depart to the small town of Scala, from where there are excellent views over Ravello. The excursion continues into “Ravello” which is located in the Montes on Amalfi. This is where Wagner was inspired to write part of one of his operas and it is from here that you can enjoy the best views of the Amalfi Coast looking towards Minori, Maiori and beyond. This picturesque little town has a main square where the centerpiece is the picturesque 11th century cathedral. Another option is to visit Villa Rufolo with its gardens and wonderful views. For the trip back to Sorrento we head to the hills from where we take the motorway to Castellammare and then again on the coastal road to Sorrento. Hotel accommodations.
Day 7: Sorrento – Pompeii – Sorrento: Breakfast at the hotel. Travel from Sorrento, through the panoramic route of the Sorrento peninsula, and by highway. We will leave the highway in Pompeii. The journey is approx. 45 minutes from Sorrento to Pompeii. Upon arrival at the entrance of the archaeological site, the guide will wait for customers to pay their tickets. Accompanied by the guide, customers will explore the main features of the ancient city, the bathrooms, bakeries, Arena and Brothel, to name a few. Hotel accommodations.
Day 8: Sorrento – Naples: Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to Naples airport or downtown Naples. End of our services.
- 3 Nights in BB at a 4-star hotel in the Tropea area
- 4 Nights in BB at a 4-star hotel in the Sorrento area
- City tax in hotels
- 2nd class train ticket from Lamezia to Naples, including the transport of one piece of luggage per person
- Attention: once the ticket is issued there will be no refunds in case of cancellations or changes
- Transfer from Lamezia Terme to Tropea hotel
- Transfer from Tropea hotel to Lamezia train station
- Transfer from Naples train station to Sorrento hotel
- Transfer from Sorrento hotel to Naples airport or city center
- Regular excursion to Reggio Calabria & Scilla from Tropea (with other participants). Customers move on their own to the departure point of the excursion
- Regular excursion to Gerace & Stilo from Tropea (with other participants). Customers move on their own to the departure point of the excursion
- Regular excursion to Capri & Anacapri from Sorrento (with other participants). Customers move on their own to the departure point of the excursion. Includes regular ferry to / from Capri
- Regular excursion to the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento (with other participants). Customers move on their own to the departure point of the excursion
- Regular excursion to Pompeii from Sorrento (with other participants). Customers move on their own to the departure point of the excursion
Contact Us at 800-621-2259 or email@example.com to book today!
*Package descriptions and pricing are subject to change without notice.